- Smuts were known as lemons
- Yaoi Warnings ( Don’t Like, Don’t Read! )
- Character x Character instead of Character/Character
- Every Time We Touch videos, and the forgotten Listen To Your Heart videos
- Numa Numa
- Naruto Phase
- Bring Me To Life amv’s
- citrus and lime warnings
- when fanfiction.net still allowed porn
- when fanfiction.net still allowed original writing before the great fictionpress split
- when livejournal was invite-only
- cardcaptors a mystic adventure
- aim roleplay
- when everyone had their own little fansites on geocities, angelfire, and tripod
- character-bashing fic and anti-shrines
- fanfic MSTing
- save our sailors
- the word “bishies”
- AOL message boards
- tinny background MIDIs on every page
- "this page coded with notepad" and netscape buttons
- "this page best viewed at 800x600"
- "under construction" pages
- yahoo mailing lists
- fansubs only available on the subber’s IRC channel
- fansubs only available if you send $30 for a VHS tape
- no official release whatsoever for Japanese media
- fanworks, especially fic, of Western media, especially print media, considered illegal and met with C&Ds
- the gap between Goblet of Fire and Order of the Phoenix
- The Sentinel/Highlander/X-Files crossovers
- "this is part of the [fandom/ship/etc] webring"
- printing fics out because it feels more permanent
Having to wait until late at night to get your fandom on because that’s the only time your parents wouldn’t give you grief for tying up the phone line.
hello ma’am i came a long way to give u a flower and to tell u how pretty u r today
Haru’s first step to becoming a chef
There are times, I try to draw really simple and non-detailed things, and end up over doing it.
Pro tip: start watching Free! as a joke then notice how your life turns into an emotional wreck after that
watching Sam and Dean working cases in s1 makes me laugh because they’re suited up and they’re like “yes hello we’re trained professionals….we have credentials or whatever………..trust us”
and then you look at them and they’re these two fresh-faced pretty boys with suspiciously styled hair and ugly ties and a tendency to stand too close to each other
like ok kids
run along to mommy
It’s hard to run up walls.
"One day in the subway, James saw a red cat with a wound to the leg that likely resulted from a fight with another cat. It was obvious that the cat needed help. James could not pass and took the cat to the vet. With a little medical treatment and prescription drugs, the cat quickly recovered. At that point, James found it impossible to say goodbye to Street Cat Bob. Bob followed James everywhere he went. As James played the guitar on the street and Bob sat nearby, revenues increased dramatically. People found it difficult to pass when they looked at the cute kitty. James went on to write a book describing their adventures in the street which was full of life – both dramatic and comedic. In the book, James says that he could not have imagined how meeting Bob would change his life. His friendship with the cat healed him from a life that had been very hard. Most likely, if Bob could speak, he would say the same thing.”
Here’s to you, boys and girls. And remember: even while we congratulate Tamika for winning your loyalty, with her sophisticated comprehension and extremes of berserker violence, that the real victory won today has been for literacy!
28 - Summer Reading Program
The best are the shirts with sayings:
WHY CAN’T WE BUY THESE IN AMERICA?!
Let’s try this out
how badly did it hurt your soul to draw the “after” images?
Late Night Hashtags #MyWeirdWaiter might be my favorite hashtag of the year
These are golden
a kid from my school sent me a pic an elaborate painting of atticus finch shirtless smoking a blunt while a colt 45 is being poured on him along with a text that read “hot dad 2: dad harder” and this is the closest thing to a sext I have ever received
You neglected to mention the Tupac and Biggie cherubs how dare you.
look there’s a lot going on here it makes perfect sense that they’d forget some details